"Always keep your words soft and sweet ... just in case you have to eat them."

7/18/16

Blackberry Lemonade

The blackberry season is upon us. I am crazy for blackberries! When out picking them I must confess, that I eat way more than I bring home! I love blackberry cobbler, and I've made my fair share of them. But did you know that you can make a delicious, refreshing lemonade with blackberries? I kid you not! Give it a try. You will love it!

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
4 cups water, divided
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup blackberries

Directions:

Start by making a simple syrup by combining the sugar with one cup of water into a medium saucepan. Cook until the sugar has dissolved completely. Stir in the remaining water and lemon juice. Puree the berries in a blender or food processor. Add to your lemonade mixture. If you don’t mind the seeds you can drink up, but if you are like me and want a cleaner look simply pour the lemonade through some cheesecloth and into a pitcher. 
Serve with some extra slices of lemons and a few blackberries and you are all set. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food For Thought?